Doing a paper for class and we got to pick a disorder that meant something to us so naturally being a empath I picked this-
Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.
Signs you may be a Narcissist-
- People with NPD expect to get special treatment.
- They exaggerate their own smarts, success, power, and looks.
- The lack of empathy leads them to take advantage of people, with no regrets.
- Narcissists may be extremely jealous and ultra-sensitive.
- Because they tend to be very thin-skinned, they may angrily lash out at any criticism or push-back.
- Narcissists also may lash out when they feel like they’re not getting special treatment.
- Underneath all of these traits is a deep sense of insecurity.
- And — no big surprise, when you consider all these traits — narcissists may find it super-difficult to have healthy relationships, and have loads of trouble at work or school.
Reasons Empaths like me are attracted to Narcissistic humans-
- Empaths and narcissists are often drawn to each other.
- This is because empaths have a lot of compassion and understanding to give, while narcissists thrive on someone worshipping them.
- But this isn’t a good match, because empaths tend to forgive everything the narcissist does.
- This results in them being completely used and degraded, while the narcissist creates more and more chaos.
- Narcissists, for example, are attracted to people they will get the greatest use from. Often, this means they pursue and target empaths.
Empaths always want to see the good in someone. They can never believe that someone just doesn’t have empathy and that is where they fail in a relationship with a narcissist. They try their hardest to continue to love them and almost try and “Fix” them because if they lack empathy there must be something that went wrong in their life.
Narcissists manipulate empaths by stringing them along with intermittent hope. They will integrate compliments and kindness into their behavior, making their victim believe that if they behave in the correct manner, they will get the loving person back who they once knew.
When I read things about a relationship between the two I can see a lot of my past being that way. I have a pattern in humans that I bring into my life and I hope that when they have on that mask in the start of the relationship that they are actually that person. When I see the signs that they are a not who they said they were I go into overdrive and try to fix them who make them into who they pretended to be. I hope each day that the narcissist will see that if they stayed who they pretended to be that everything could work out but there is nothing anyone can do unless they see that they need the help and often time it is to late for the empath to see that because they have hurt them, used them and played them to the point the empath has given up the hope and has to fix themselves once again.
Idealize, Devalue, Discard: The Dizzying Cycle of Narcissism. The relationship cycle typical of extreme narcissistic abuse generally follows a pattern. Individuals in emotionally abusive relationships experience a dizzying whirlwind that includes three stages: idealization, devaluing, and discarding.
Narcissists can never really love anyone. Every relationship they have is transactional, meaning they are always looking into what they can get out of it. Sooner or later, they will suck their partner dry of money, enthusiasm, self-esteem, or all three, and they discard them without looking back
They will always return to the ex that gave them most attention. They will go back to the one that had an “Obsession” with them. When the truth is if they stuck with the one that truly loved them and wanted to push them to be the better person they could break their cycle and in turn end up truly loving their life. When they return the ex that was only about them their lives will turn into a battle. They will see this person as someone who doesn’t value themselves and will become boring in their relationship because they will consistently be around. While a narcissist and a empath are a bad combination if they don’t try to overcome the cycle, if they do overcome the cycle the relationship can have the opposite attract effect and they can become a partnership and achieve great things.
They will always have someone else before they get “rid” of their current relationship.
They’ll find a way to leave you before you leave them.
They struggle with being alone. They need the validation and the admiration from someone else.
Being a empath has been a struggle for me but I know it is a part of me. I am caring, loving, sweet and never give up on people. I want to see humans excel in this world. I would never hurt someone at the expense of my own happiness and that is was makes me different. I may have been used, abused, taken for granted, lied to and discarded without a thought but all that couldn’t change the good heart that I have.
At some point the narcissist will see who they really should have been with because when they go back to an ex after discarding someone they see that person isn’t good either because if they can hurt someone that easy without caring imagine what they will do in the relationship without caring.
This is just a few things from my paper. I really enjoy learning new things and glad that I am in a class that has open discussions about these disorders.
I hope everyone has a great day and it is time for some FOOTBALL! Lets go BEARS!